The NSW Government has implemented the Job Action Plan scheme as a key priority to help drive NSW businesses to employ new workers and expand their businesses in metropolitan and non-metropolitan areas. This scheme is ultimately encouraging employers to create new jobs. Those businesses that employ a full-time equivalent (FTE) will receive a payroll tax rebate, as part of the new plan.
Azure Group has put together a high level overview for your information; however, you can find all the detail and necessary links at the NSW Office of State Revenue's website by clicking here.
Are you eligible?
- You must be registered as an employer and paying payroll tax under the Payroll Tax Act 2007
- This scheme has been extended to 30 June 2015 and the rebate increased from $4,000 to $5,000 for new jobs created after 1 July 2013
- The rebate applies to the employment of an additional employee in a new job and will be paid in two parts: 1) $2,000 will be paid at the end of the first year of employment; and 2) $3,000 will be paid at the end of the second year of employment
- There are a number of metropolitan areas that are eligible – please refer to the NSW Office of State Revenues website for the complete list
- To be eligible for the first and second year rebate, the minimum employment period is two years starting on the date the employment concerned is claimed to commence
How to register for the scheme:
- Employers are required to register the employment of a person in a position that is a new job and advise the number of FTE employees immediately before the position was filled
- Registration may be made by an employer who is registered and paying payroll tax within 30 days after the employment to which the application relates first commences
- You can apply online: Rebate Scheme (Jobs Action Plan) online registration
- Or by completing and sending a registration form: Payroll Tax Rebate Scheme (Jobs Action Plan) – (OPT021)
Azure Group is here to help. If you would like to discuss your potential eligibility and options, please contact us on the details below. We can assist with the process and also determine whether this is the potential to backdate your rebate claims. This scheme has been extended to 30 June 2015 and the rebate increased from $4,000 to $5,000 for new jobs created after 1 July 2013. If you have employed a new staff member since 1st July 2013, this scheme should be considered.